Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The rescue

A typical evening at office, pending work, just the low hum of the systems and the irritating Pomeranian dog next door barking (rather yelping). All of this changes in an instant when my friend Shilpa walks in. She has in her arms a cute little brown pup. Musaiyab and me have a shocked look on our faces, I mean waz a pup doing in an architect's office.

But all that shock disappeared the moment I saw that puppy face, he was scared, hungry, cold and had no idea of what was happening around him. We took him outside before our landlord could find out. Shilpa, who came fully prepared was pouring the milk into a container. She found the pup lost, away from his mother on the Koramangala 100ft road waiting to be run over. Must admire her resourcefulness when she convinced a kid who was around there to hold the puppy while she rode her two wheeler to my office.

Once the pup licked the milk container clean, he obviously went to sleep, comfortably in my arms. Then started our search, to find "Mr. No more hungry and completely sleepy" a home. CUPA was the choice, they complied, but would come only in the morning to get him. Now that posed another problem, where to keep him until the next morning. Her place was a no, I lived in an apartment where pets aren't allowed and the office was a definite no. Many phone calls later, she finally found a home for the little guy. As we were headed there the pup rolled up like a fur ball in my arms trying to stay warm. Oh, how I wish I could have taken him home.

Anyway, he lay in large box until the next day, in the meanwhile driving Shilpa crazy with all the antics that is associated with a 2 month old pup. CUPA finally came along and took him away from Shilpa (who was teary eyed I am sure). All we can hope is that he finds a home where he is "Man's best friend".

No comments:

Post a Comment