Monday, May 3, 2010

My emotional start to blogging

People have a variety of reasons to start blogging. Some just do it for fun, some to help them in their business or their profession, some feel its just a place to let their creative self unfold. Me, I have none of these reasons. I tend to find fun somewhere else, felt there are better places to let people know about my profession, and being in a creative profession I felt no need of a blog to show creativity.

My reason to start blogging sounds very stereotype and on some level, funny too. I started blogging to "change the world". Funny right? Not from where I see it!!

This initiation happened after reading the blog of a friend Yatish, specially his latest blog "http://yatisa.blogspot.com/2010/05/34-change-for-good.html". Somewhere something told me that, maybe, just maybe there is a silver lining. If there is a small chance that a blog page by one of us can open a few eyes, then is it not worth it? Is it not worth 10 mins of our time once a week. Well, I sure think it is.

Mind you, this does not mean I am only going to write "change the world" stuff over here. No, there should be some bullshit too, else a blog is never complete. But sometimes I believe I can write some sense and hope that it actually makes a difference.

So break that bottle of champagne, this ship is set for sail.

1 comment:

  1. nice start. look forward to some funny stuff too. am sure you have many of those...

    ReplyDelete