Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gadget Geek

You remember the first time you got yourself a cell phone, well, I do. I didn't buy it, it was a gift from a family friend and boy I loved it. It was a Nokia 1100 (popularly known as the torch phone). I opened the box, admired the little piece for a while and went straight into the instruction manual, well, you see I am one of those people who love reading the manuals. It said the phone needs to be charged for at least 2 hours before use........... Grrrrrr............. another 2 hours ........... damn. Longest 2 hours of my life, I couldn't get anything productive done in those 2 hours!!!

The first thing I did after the 2 hours is play "SNAKE"!!!.......... I had tried it on cellphones borrowed from friends but now I could play all day long for ever............... It's been 4 years and 10 months since that day and I have never played snake after that.

Anyways, I admit I am a gadget geek. Anything new in the market and I am already researching it on the internet. The i-phone introduction by Steve Jobs got me so crazy that I would go to the Apple website and watch the keynote speech over and over again, it's by far the best presentation I have watched.

But what is it about these gadgets that gives us goosebumps? Every small little technological advancement gets us jumping out of our seats and puts us on a crazy path to lay our hands on it. And 10 days later we are looking at the same gadget and saying, "is that all, I wish it had some more features". I personally was on a hunt for an i-phone just to get a feel of the multi touch screen and the pinch feature to zoom a picture.

Gadget geek or not, the very fact that there is something new to move past the boring gadgets we already have is reason enough start up a conversation over coffee (or tea for the likes of me). I honestly declare that I am a gadget geek and I am always on the hunt for a newer (maybe better) product. Having said that, I am looking at my cellphone and I am not liking that outdated piece of junk one bit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment